Suggestions for Fish Only Tank

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
So I dropped out of the hobby for about 6 months. I have a 3" Undulated Trigger in a 125 gallon tank. I plan to get rid of the Trigger and do one showpiece typo fish by itself. My tank has been running for two years all levels are great. Any suggestions on something relatively easy to keep? I've always been a huge puffer fan.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
IMO Undulateds are the biggest let downs in SW they are the most beautiful trigger but tend to hide all the time. I have had Picasso Triggers and Niger Triggers that have dog like personalities. Great "wet pet" type fish. you can also add other things with them like eels or lions, even fast fish like damsels and chromis. SW Puffers all get to big for a 125 with the exception of valentine type puffers. Cow fish are nice looking as Otherone suggested. They kind of float around like a little UFO. But if they get bit by another fish they can kill a tank real quick with poison.

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
The cowfish is cool but they are labelled as difficult to keep. It's going to be alone whatever it is that I get. What do they eat?

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
Decided to go with a Stars and Stripes puffer. Just a baby. They get to an absolute max of 19". He'll be good in the 125 for a few years, maybe good. Hopefully I have some success, he'll be by himself.

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
there so many great ideas are you looking for a very open swimming fish or maybe a elusive unique eel to really grab people's attention or something special like a species only fish there are nice puffers you can get but not sure that is really a show stopper then again it is what YOU like that matters not what anyone else thinks there are many wonderful puffers that if you take some time and look around research the different types you can find the one that may suit your needs.

mr.reef24

Lady Blast

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Get a lionfish!!

Curtis Rouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2012
Central California
Can't go wrong with a stars and stripes. That's one of the fish I want to get if I ever go salty. The other is the Slingjaw Wrasse. Awesomely cool fish.uploadfromtaptalk1382084476649.jpg

Sent from my mind to my fingers to my phone to the MFK servers to you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store