Albino Silver Arowana

StevieTheG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2012
New Jersey
Just read a brief article about albino silver arowana making a debut in the U.S. this year. Does anyone have one? How much did it run you?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
There's consistently been a few available every year at astronomical prices. It most certainly wouldn't be a debut. I know there's a few Stateside members who have them, but I don't know off hand who they are.

StevieTheG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2012
New Jersey
They probably have the platinum arowanas. These have only been available mostly to hobbyist in Asia.

There's consistently been a few available every year at astronomical prices. It most certainly wouldn't be a debut. I know there's a few Stateside members who have them, but I don't know off hand who they are.

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
+1 ive also seen the albinos for sale in the US, as well as platinums. I believe they were around $4000!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

StevieTheG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2012
New Jersey
4000!!! wow.
I guess TFH needs to do more research before writing an article then.
"Developed in Asia, albinos are still very rare and only a small number have been available to aquarist, mostly in Asia... The albino silver arowana finally made its debut in the US in 2013."
Feeding me lies! lol

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
4000!!! wow.
I guess TFH needs to do more research before writing an article then.
"Developed in Asia, albinos are still very rare and only a small number have been available to aquarist, mostly in Asia... The albino silver arowana finally made its debut in the US in 2013."
Feeding me lies! lol
It might be referring to the import from earlier this year. As one of the other members pointed out, I may have been thinking of platinum specimens, which also fetch astronomical prices.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Iciban asian trpicals had albinos back in april for $2400.00

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store