Bottom cleaner.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Im looking for a fish I can have along side my jardini to clean up his un eaten pellet mess. I have a pleco but he isn't helping. My aro isnt that mean towards bottom fish. Any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
A school of clown loaches will clean better then any catfish. Bigger ones are pricey though, maybe some smaller if you provide some cover.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
A school of clown loaches will clean better then any catfish. Bigger ones are pricey though, maybe some smaller if you provide some cover.
I disagree 100%. I've had and have small and large loaches and I have catfish. No comparison. It also depends on the specific type of catfish. I have a vulture cat and a giraffe nose and there is Never one single piece of food left on the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
I keep forgetting im on mobile which doesn't post my spec. Hah 240G i have two black pvc pipes I can add more tell I get more creative.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
My giraffe cat is first of my cats to come out cleaning up after my jardini , then the bullnose , then irwini and Niger cats out last once they get a smell of food , if your going for a cat to clean id go for an active one such as giraffe , the others do clean my jars mess but I dont see them as often as I would like they spend most of there time sat in pipes :D

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
I don't know how the jardini would react to silver dollars. My 240g (with two messy peacock bass and a RTG arowana) has 4 silver dollars who does an amazing clean up job. The sand bed is as clean as it can be. They eat like pigs and look for food everywhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store