Will he eat...

liam821

Feeder Fish
Nov 11, 2012
United States
I have two 12-14" reed fish in a 125 gallon tank that are getting a little aggressive towards their tank mate, a 12" ghost knife. So I want to move the two reed fish into my big tank, a 375 gallon tank which has a 24" Silver Arowana named Chomp and a 20" Pacu named Jaws. Chomp is pretty aggressive and will eat just about anything you put in the tank, although he gets along with Jaws just fine most of the time - although I have seem them get in each others faces during feeding time. Chomp tried to eat my finger yesterday while I was doing some tank maintenance and cut my finger up a bit...little stinker. I can drop in a 3" silverside and Chomp noms it down instantly.

Anyhow do you think its safe to move the two reed fish in with those two monsters? The reed fish, even though they are pretty long, they are skinny and I'm afraid the Arowana will just chomp their heads off and then eat them piece by piece.

Thoughts??

Here is a picture of Chomp...

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I wouldn't bother chomp sounds like my jardini , I had similar prob with my red wolfish and learnt the hard way ( lets just say ive no longer got any wolfs :'( )
Stupid error on my part but I kept a watchful eye on them for weeks they seemed fine even swimming together occasionally, untill one day came home to scales everywhere and a fat aro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store