369 gallon top bracing

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Not sure if this would be the appropriate forum, but I found a 360(not 369....typo) acrylic for sale with a footprint that is just awesome. 96x48x18 with center overflow. Only problem is, it looks like there is a pretty good size crack running from one of the top corners towards the center, just on the eurobracing. As I understand, this is where most of the structural integrity comes from, but Ive never had to repair the top bracing.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/for/4037845091.html

Should I avoid altogether, or can this be repaired just like any other acrylic repair? An 8x4 tank is pretty hard to come by, but alarm bells are going off in my head lol. If it's doable I might offer around half what they are asking and see.

Thanks in advance.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
You could patch that no problem. I'll send you a pic of the crappy job I did on one of my tanks. Been holding for years until I took it down to move.
If I had taken more time, it would have been much, much better.

Little Weld-on and some acrylic pieces and you'll be golden.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
It can be repaired no doubt....I had the same issue on one of my tanks and I just used some weld-on 40 and glued a block of acrylic under the crack.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Ok cool, thanks guys. As soon as I saw the crack, my heart sank, but good to know its no biggie. Now I just have to convince him it IS a big deal so I can get the price down lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store