Uh oh (possible dat rescue)

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
So a dude who comes into the bar i work at and i talk fish about has a dat in a freeking 20 long, due to bad info from a seller and him not looking anything up about them for a month after getting it. Its a silver/indo/4 bar whatever you wanna call it, would it be better off in my 70 for a while until we can find someone who wants it?

This guy is totally partially to blame for this, but he was told it was a specie of ctenopoma, and when he showed me a pic it was totally a 4 bar dat.

Its about 3-5 inches, he hasnt been able to get a decent measure due to it being very active, havent seen it IRL yet but it seems to me close to 4. I really need to learn to say no to these things, this is the 3rd time in just as many months ive helped rescue a fish.
Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Already had 2 denials because of size, that it wasnt large enough or it would be in a 300 gal right now w/ like 3 or 4 other dats, if the 70 could grow it out better then the 20 (which it obviously would) i could probably get it to that dude. Idk tho i have no experience w/ dats lemme get some input!

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store