Best arowana pictures and explanations! Submit here plz

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Lol so I recently got 2 arowanas. About a month now for both and they are doing great! But they are not what I want in color. So I wanna see pictures of your arowana and tell me what you feed them! Of course you could just tell me what u feed them but where's the fun in that?! This way you have proof and bragging rights. Also this helps me figure out what I can do to make my arowana more colorful. I have a silver and gold jardini. Both have very little coloration. So help me out and show us your beauties! Asian arowana pictures are welcome as well though they are illegal in the us. But I'm particularly looking for the legal guys!

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
Check the kind of lights your using, Arowana brighten up a lot under some bright 6500k plus lights

Sent from mobile app.

Archer1X

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2013
Astral Plane
Hye there mate..I'm new to this Aro hobby so please go easy on me..now I have a beautiful baby Jardini
which its length about 4-5 inch..the color is not much developed because he is still new, but what I do is
I switch on my submersible lamp for 12 hours everyday, and gave him (quarantined-first) feeder fish..
Now he grew a little bit and showing some aggression! :D

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Hye there mate..I'm new to this Aro hobby so please go easy on me..now I have a beautiful baby Jardini
which its length about 4-5 inch..the color is not much developed because he is still new, but what I do is
I switch on my submersible lamp for 12 hours everyday, and gave him (quarantined-first) feeder fish..
Now he grew a little bit and showing some aggression! :D
Haha there's nothing to go easy about! We are a community! I accept all methods, just like to choose one more for me! Pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Try some dried shrimp, if they don't eat it, what I do is throw in a bunch of bloodworms and then throw the shrimp near it and the Arowana takes them, it now loves them. Try keeping the live food like feeder fish low, they may carry disease and give your fish even more colors (by that, I mean white spots and stuff)! And too many feeder fish and fatty foods will build up fat behind your Arowanas eyes and give them drop eye before they get old. Make sure the tank is at least the size of mine (75 gallons, although not a lot), because if it doesn't have room to turn around it will get gill curl, that untreated can kill the beloved fishes that you own.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Try some dried shrimp, if they don't eat it, what I do is throw in a bunch of bloodworms and then throw the shrimp near it and the Arowana takes them, it now loves them. Try keeping the live food like feeder fish low, they may carry disease and give your fish even more colors (by that, I mean white spots and stuff)! And too many feeder fish and fatty foods will build up fat behind your Arowanas eyes and give them drop eye before they get old. Make sure the tank is at least the size of mine (75 gallons, although not a lot), because if it doesn't have room to turn around it will get gill curl, that untreated can kill the beloved fishes that you own.
My current grow out is 125. Then ima move them to a 300+

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store