Please support Arapaima Research!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishboykaps

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2006
MI
www.swmas.org
I am currently working in Brazil, on the megafish Arapaima in the lower Amazon as a part of my Ph.D. research in Aquatic Ecology). I am asking your financial support to help me fund my research project.

My research focuses on understanding the ecological role and predatory ecology of this giant fish. In other words, I am looking at what they eat, their food webs and their contribution to maintaining balance between fish communities in their ecosystem. They live in the lakes and the flooded forests on the Amazon River floodplain. Consequently, these fish are an import food and economical resource to many fishing communities that share their ecosystem. In many areas of their range, Arapaima have been overfished, and many of these fishing communities are beginning to implement management plans. Therefore, my research will focus on finding important food and energy resources for the fishes and how they contribute to the diversity of fish found in their communities.

RocketHub is not an investment or charity. It's an funding mechanism; If I don't reach my financial goal I get to keep what I raise. But if I do reach my goal, I get access to exciting opportunities!

I have 12 days left, I hope you can help!

Please check out my rockethub profile

http://rkthb.co/28124

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store