New HBRTG. Need advice

lando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
fort st john bc canada
So I just bought my first Arowana a 5" high back golden.

I originally was going to put him in my 140 gallon with my jag, red terror and yellow African.

But im a little worried about my jag taking a round out of him. Jags 5" long and has teeth already. He's going to be one find specimen. Anyways I set up a 36gallon and have my aro in there right now. I was thinking a couple months and transfer him over to my 140.

So I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this? All 3 of my fish have a cave they usually hide out in for most of the time. The aro is usually swimming up top but regardless it's a beautiful fish that cost alot of money And I Do not want anything to happy.

My only other option is to throw my Arowana in my 120. ( selling my rhom ) so once he is gone ill have a free 4x2x2 I was planning on selling the tank but hey! Maybe I could throw my RTG in there with a few other grow outs? And have 2 grow tanks until I have my monster tank built (1-2 years)

What my best option everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
The 4x2x2 would certainly be better to grow the aro up in, I'd wait until it is about 8-10" before trying to mix it with the jag.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store