Raising two silver arowanas in a tank from juvenile?

benn371

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Does raising two arowanas from juvenile say like 4 inches each and put 'em in one tank do they fight?, cause i thought being young they may get adapted to it right?(just a thought).

Just wanted know you experts opinion on this .

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
More often then not they will fight or one will bully the other to death. You wont know unless you try, but you will need to make sure you have away to house them separately if thing go bad.

DaniiloC

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Try a number upper 3 (success in 5 tanks)... Many people here tried with two and they just killed each other.

Tobias

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
Sweden
A 2 aro com is the most difficult one, strongly advice you against it. If you want to com, try at least 3 or even 5 pieces if you have enough space. Generally speaking, the more fish the higher success rate.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Eddie_87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Malaysia
6 or more should do the trick.. it is known to reduce/disperse the aggresion dramatically.. (no scientific explanation on this, just on observation and experience-based advice from advanced aquarist in my area..)

fishboy36

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2013
NJ/FL
6 or more should do the trick.. it is known to reduce/disperse the aggresion dramatically.. (no scientific explanation on this, just on observation and experience-based advice from advanced aquarist in my area..)
someone told me 7, but you can be right though!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store