advice on clams

tetraodon8

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2012
united states
so ive been doing reasurch on clams, i really want one now but im reasurching for down the road, any advice on good hardy species, and lights to use, my lfs has clams that are thriving under LED lights, while some posts and sites ive visited say its impossable to keep them under LED, so just lookin for experiances and tips

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
what size tank are you wanting to have your clam or clams in? any inverts you plan to add in the future? fish?

mr.reef24

tetraodon8

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2012
united states
what i have right now is an evolve 4 which id love to add a clam to it, but most likly not, i do want to upgrade to a 20 long at some point, and i wont have much for fish maybe a saddle back blown or some sort of oddball, but im not sure, and i know ill have blue legs, a pistol shrimp and snails.

ska_kid

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2012
Mars
They do good under led's well it depends on how deep your tank is but the ones we have at my job are under led,s but carefully when you transport them if they are expose to air they could die ...I bag them under water

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tetraodon8

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2012
united states
i plan on using LEDs as much as possable, but i know some clams need very high light and such, i want to be able to care for them properly,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store