Air pump recommendations needed

Redoog

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2009
Boon, MI
Hello everyone,

I am about to begin a remodel of my tank. redesigned background, upgrading pump to a supreme hy drive 2600. I just up graded lighting to gen 5 led panels from ebay, still looking for that affordable led lighting solution. I will post after i see how long this test survives.

Anyhow, I need to up grade my air pump. I was using a fusion 700 tied into a smaller walmart pump.

The situation the pump is located in basement 8' below top of tank. The tank is 2.5' deep. in the basement i have my sump with 1 36" wand, and up top I run 2 18" air wands full time, a sand waterfall on occasion, and a fizzing Pepsi bottle most of the time.

Need a good recommendation for HD air pump. I alos need a good gang valve to mount in the hood to control the different devices. Prefer 6-out all valved.

I am thinking coralife super luft 65 with AVMP6 gang valve, run a 3/8 tube from basement up to avmp6 then 1/4 to each device.

probably get the biggest petco pump to supply the airwand in the basement sump setup.

Redoog

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2009
Boon, MI
no comments? I need to order some stuff pretty soon.

What about the upgrade from a mag drive 1800 to the hy drive 2600? Is that gonna cause any problems i wonder. What i am going for is more of an updraft from my reverse undergravel filter setup

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store