My new tank and lionfish

Lady Blast

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I started this bady up in June as a 6 gallon....then I wasn't satisfied with that and upgraded to a 30 lol. I bought a dwarf lionfish the other day. He is doing well and loves all the caves/hidey holes. I just bought that barnicle cluster so it should get some algae on it soon so it doesnt look so bright.

Having some red slime issues from over feeding ...I feel like a bad mom :( Just did a large water change before getting my lion over the weekend. I'll be upgrading after I move, I just had to get into salt again!

Lady Blast

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I waited 2 months with just live rock and waited for the brown diotoms to leave. Then I added 4 green Chromis in August. I just have to do water changes more often and I just added the air stone so I don't have dead zones.

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
buuump, looking nice, careful lionfish might eat those chromis and some others. Was ur 6 gallon by any chance the Aqua one setup? cos that's my betta tank;)

wantokeeptrout

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2011
Ontario
what a delicious addition to your tank, i recommend mixing with panko breadcrumbs and a little butter once it bulks up a bit :drool:

Lady Blast

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2013
Bay Area, CA
mr reef my ammonia nitrate/nitrite came back yellow which is 0. I don't have my current ph, ran out and forgot to buy another. And I just got home from the lfs too guhh.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store