wobbly stand and over a hair

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
My buddy built me a stand I flub up on 1/4 in and it is a thumb nail un even on stand. Also the tank is 29 in and when I sit on floor and filled it up is has a some what distinct wobble when through my arm in and am messing in it. The stand did not wobble when unfilled. It is sittng on tile floor and non of the corners are sitting on a crack . idk what to think of this, It may be on a small tile ripple unseeable. it is even so idk whats wrong,

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Don't know what to say about the wobble,it looks sturdy in the photo...the slight overage shouldn't be a problem but you could cut a sheet of plywood to the size of the tank bottom and place it between the tank and stand...

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
I figured the over hang wasn't a problem, just wanted to show, yes the wobble is making me paranoid and crazy, as idk what is causing it

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I'd shim it until it stopped wobbling, hopefully you only have 1 low leg and not 1 high leg.

memfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2013
alabama
sorry to say it but i don't think that stand is structurally sound. right now you have the entire weight of the tank on the screws holding the frames to the posts. you might want to look into cutting the excess post of the bottom so that the bottom frame sits on the floor and then adding upright supports in between the two frames.

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
sorry to say it but i don't think that stand is structurally sound. right now you have the entire weight of the tank on the screws holding the frames to the posts. you might want to look into cutting the excess post of the bottom so that the bottom frame sits on the floor and then adding upright supports in between the two frames.
As I am a DIY idiot. What do you mean, it is touching on the ground in 4 corners and the middle 2 posts are touching the ground, now my other stand doesn't have a frame on the bottom but has another 2x4 facing inward on each corner idk when i can do another tear down, is this disaster ASAP type thing??

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

baseballman1321

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2010
usa
what I think memfish is talking about is this heres my stand for example. in this pic of the stand was left the weight of the tank would be on the screws so by putting in the 2x4 it puts all the weight on the 2x4 Stand (9).JPGImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1377467677_218760.jpg

Stand (9).JPG

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1377467677_218760.jpg

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
yea first pick is like the stand I have posted but the bottem pic your posted is like my 125 stand. ok can I do this with the tank ??? on it, probably not how long could this stand be sound I got a beach vaction coming and well it is a ***** to get all the people over to help, it was murder to get them over today

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
Luckily you should be able to add the supports on your own without moving the tank. Just get 10 boards cut to the length from the bottom to top frame, then pop them into the corners and middle legs (right where the cutouts are in the plywood). The only part that will be an issue is reaching the back supports with a drill, but u can just screw them in from the inside instead of coming from the side facing the wall. The supports get added last anyways so don't worry, it's still 100% fixable and should only take a few mins :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store