Silver Arowana suddenly stops eating,

CASTILLO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2013
España
Hello friends.
My Silver Arowana 15 inch gets the granules and spits, and sometimes not even that.
Always has been released as a beast for them. I'm giving OKIKO, HIKARI BIO GOLD, all mixed.
What's wrong? I see no disease.
Thank you.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Check your water parameters for ammonia, nitrites etc. If all the parameters are in check, then I wouldn't worry. Aro's are known to go on hunger strikes, sometimes for a few weeks.

CASTILLO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2013
España
Thanks for answering.
The parameters are perfect.
I have read through the forum something about this phenomenon, but like here in Spain there are not many fans that I can not have Hoops have consultations with anyone.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Arowana's fast every now and then.. it is just the way they are...some can go three weeks or more without eating.. i know it is a worry.. but if perimeters of water check out okay and any other fish in tank are okay as well as the Arow suspect that she/he is just on a moody strike.. just keep trying but keep the patience and don't worry.. take out all uneaten food.. try something different if you can.. but not live food.. sometimes if they go too long without eating i have tried live crickets but that is only when things go on too long as a last resort..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store