Help! Arowana acting weird!

Phamilyguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2010
Michigan
Hello mfk,

I purchased a gold pearl jardini 5" online. It was shipped thursday morning from california and arrived at my house in michigan at about 2:00pm. When I pulled him out of the box, he was laying there. He still had really good color. He was still breathing and would lunge when poked at. I realized that it could have been cold so i left it in my tank for about 2 hours. the temp was about 80 degree F. I also kept him in the dark. After hours of monitoring he continued to lay there breathing. To help him out, I put a bubbler hose into it. He is still the same condition. He tries to swim to the surface but everytime he gets tired and falls back to the bottom. I've seen him dart into the bag a couple of times. He still has the same color as when i pulled him out of the box. It just seems he's having a hard time swimming and staying afloat. I still have him in the bag and i'm not sure what to do. IMG_0350.jpgIMG_0351.jpgIMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
That's Mr.Super Newbie! LOL You left him in ammonia filled bag for 2 hours with just a bubber hose in the bag and you expected him of having any chance of living. Better stick to goldfish as you can get those for .10cents each.

What happened to your last Jardini? Did he die too!!

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Phamilyguy , shippers usually add a mild sedation in the bag water to help reduce stress. The fish won't snap out of it while they're in that. Besides that, ammonia builds up from the fish. it's not all about oxygen.
Not good to leave them in there.

MikeGuerra

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2013
rockaway park ny
hope he live and if he does hope you know how big your tank has to be since you didnt know not to keep him in the bag for 2 hours.......lets hope

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Put him in the tank!Man those bags were not meant for long term containment! If he is still alive and he is still breathing then at least try and revive him in an actual tank it might be too late already

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store