Getting my day to eat pellets

kpax

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2013
kelowna
I am trying to get my dat off of eating live food mainly worms he's only 3 inches and I don't really wanna starve him any ideas

L600

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
MI
Best technique I find is to take some sinking mini hikari cichlid gold pellets and stuff them into small cut up raw shrimp and feed your datnoids this for a while. Eventually one day just throw in the pellets by themselves and the datnoids will eat one pellet and they'll figure things out. I have all my dats on pellets through this technique. Once you have them on this pellet, you can switch over to massivore or another pellet of your choice, its just that I find all my fish love hikari. Datnoids tend to like sinking compared to floating pellets.

Another technique is to have "teacher fish", basically you put in a fish that eats pellets, the datnoids see the fish eating the pellets and they'll learn.

Either that or you take the pellets and marinate them in blood/shrimp juice and feed them the pellets.

Go with the first technique, trust me it works

Sams0n

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Wanderland
How many dats do you have? I agree with the above, stuff pellets in cut pieces of mp and have other trainer fish. I've always kept my dats in a group over 4. When one dat eats, they all eat. Mine eat mp, massivore, dried krill, and carni sticks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kpax

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2013
kelowna
Only one with a smaller jack Dempsey and 2 kubotia loaches I got all my fish for free they were new editions to some buddy's tanks and just all there other fish were over 8 inches and really aggressive I only have a 55 gallon tank but will be upgrading to a 120 once everybody is a bit bigger then I will be looking to add more dats

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store