Lion fish tank

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
Decorations, is live rock needed ? I read that it isn't and also read special lights aren't needed since no corals could I just use regular rocks crushed coral my wet dry filter and a protein skimmer?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
No about 5 years ago I had a fowlr 50 gallon tank, it was up n running for about a year then my daughter dumped a whole thing of food in it without me being home just the wife and my wife figured hey they'll just eat good well it killed off my whole tank and after that I broke down the tank till three years ago I got a 200 gallon for free and have been doing just fresh water it's broken down now due to remodeling of the basement but in about 6-9 months I should be able to refill it, I'm just fishing (no pun intended) for ideas on what to keep I was thinking a lionfish tank, a cichlid tank (oscars, fire mouths, a pleco and maybe some silver dollars) a single fish fish tank such as a dovii or other large active fish (had a fahaka but he was too lazy) or a tank with some kind of stingray my tank is 6 ft x 28 inches wide by 28 or so high

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
well before you buy any lionfish I would recommend buying this book its only about 72 pages and will acclimate you very well to what you'll need once you read this you should be well informed of the basics to successful salt water sucess. Also after reading it you'll have the general knowledge you will need to set up yourself a list of equipment, filtration, etc... for your future Lion tank and will save you time and money.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Marine-Aq...1379489151&sr=1-3&keywords=saltwater+aquarium

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store