HELP silver nabbed my parrot fish

supergourami

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
ontario
just caught my silver arowana in the act of trying to ingest my rather large parrot. I managed to scare the arowana to make him spit out his meal. now my question is I now have the parrot in a hospital tank. he is pretty beat up and stressed. but his eyes are not damaged. but heavy damage to scales. do you think the parrot will live? ( ps I had to get the parrot out of the arrows mouth as it would of likely resulted in the death of both fish.) BLOOD PARROT

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Keep it in the hospital tank, add some aquarium salt. Watch for infection and it should be fine. I literally caught my managuense trying to swallow a smaller sized blood parrot made him spit out both fish where fine

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Think this would be better posted in the hybrid forum since the parrot is the one in need of help.

Does the parrot have any open wounds?

supergourami

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
ontario
Think this would be better posted in the hybrid forum since the parrot is the one in need of help.

Does the parrot have any open wounds?
I don't think so.just some now white spots where I assume the scaled were removed or damaged he is currently very stressed just sitting at the bottom of the hospital tank breathing.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Just keep the water in pristine condition and give it a few days to recover. You can add salt but it is debatable whether or not it does anything. I believe the dosage is a tablespoon per 5 gallons but you'd be better to research that and ask in the proper forum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store