• Synodontis Eupterus

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Aluyasha

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Washington
So when I got a 55g off of CL for my blood parrots it came with surprise fish. Two of those being a 6-7 inch Synodontis Eupterus and a 6-7 inch common pleco. They hid for a few days but have recently started coming out. Right away I noticed the pleco looks rough, his dorsal fin is quite torn up. I figured maybe it was from the guy catching him in the net for transport. Well, it is not. Turns out the catfish has been harassing him a lot. I finally got to see them both out at the same time today and all the syno did was attack the pleco. I honestly cannot decide which one to keep. I know the pleco will grow very large but I do really like him (he is my first pleco) but the syno is also cool. They are in a tank with 2 blood parrots, 4 giant danios (that I am in the process of rehoming), and a Leopard Ctenopoma. So I guess the choice is down to who would get along with the other tankmates more? Opinions much appreciated.

Aluyasha

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Washington
Actually managed some photographs:

Aluyasha

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Washington
Just found a home for the pleco, he is now going to be living in a 150 gallon. :)

njackwag13

Feeder Fish
Mar 19, 2014
Florida, USA
So sad. I love plecos. I have a tank centered around my pleco :). But it was for the best for yours. He/she should have a great life in the 150 gal. Update us if possible

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store