Jardini Tankmates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Any possible tank mates for the jardini arowana? I have tried clown knife and an ornate, along with a Senegal I'm not sure about.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
if you are prepared to lose fish then you can put all of them. I am doing the same now. ID shark, 2 clown knives, a senegal and a silver. soon to also have a EBJD, Afrowana. I am prepared for the loss if it doesnt work out. Also what size are you getting it at? if its below 8 inches. put tank mates immediately without killing the water quality. This is give it a better chance to be more "friendly". but i am 100% sure. once it gets to above 12 inches.. It will be king of the tank. and nothing will pick on it because it will fight back or kill.

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
I have 3 clowns and they are real aggressive. But yes, they are all no match for the arowana, gotta hope for the best.

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
It's about 8 or maybe 10 inches now, I think 8. And that time I was setting up my tank so I left it in a 10 gallon for a day.

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
You think you might loose all the fish in your tank?

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Is your silver already aggressive?

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
None of my fish are aggressive except 1 clown knife. Which beats the crap outa the other clown knife. But when I put more fish in the fighting should stop. And no silver is aggressive. Only time they are aggressive is towards their own kind.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
I got some already but they will soon be too small. And most of my fish are aggressive, they attack other smaller fish for food, my Ornate goes for my Iridescents and look interested in my Clown Knife. I might lose some fish......

MattyA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Australia
I have my jardini with a 6" dovii, three 6" cichlas and a 20" barramundi. jar is 18"+ and they get along fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store