Arowana suicide..a myth or just coincidence?

sharizan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2013
Malaysia, sarawak
The fish will jump from aquarium or bang its head to death, happen if someone offer good price but owner dont let go ...My uncle had this silver arowana few year ago and his cousin offered good price on the fish but wont sell, later in evening the fish bang its head to death ( also jumping but tank are tightly covered)..this also happen to me, and i also have heared few cases...one way to avoid this is by giving 1 piece of your aro scale to the person if u dont want to sell (thats wat i heard)...question is, what do u all think..has any had this experience?personally for me its hard to believe..

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
The fish doesn't care how much you get for it.

They frequently jump. Especially when startled.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Stevie said it best.
[YT]wDZFf0pm0SE[/YT]

beakspidy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2013
Panama
So if there are 10000 people offering me for the aro? I dont think aro has enough scales to give away lol.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Well of course for this to be true the Arowana would have to be able to understand that someone is offering money for it. To be able to understand someone wants to pay for it, it would have to understand language. For it to understand language it would have to be able to speak. And if I could speak it would tell you that this whole theory is ridiculous. :grinyes:

And even if it could do all the above, it wouldn't kill itself because it gets nothing from the transaction!!!! Case dismissed lol

Ryan144

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2011
new jersey
Well of course for this to be true the Arowana would have to be able to understand that someone is offering money for it. To be able to understand someone wants to pay for it, it would have to understand language. For it to understand language it would have to be able to speak. And if I could speak it would tell you that this whole theory is ridiculous. :grinyes:

And even if it could do all the above, it wouldn't kill itself because it gets nothing from the transaction!!!! Case dismissed lol
Haha plus one on that

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Greg31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Maryland
My 10" jardini broke its back in middle of night a year ago. Found him alive but unable to swim and back bent awkwardly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Suicide is just a myth, they jump because they can and will jump for food because that's what they do to feed. Most are just skittish...

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
And arowana's death is said to protect the owner from bad omen..
It all boils down to how superstitious the person is..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store