Just got my new hasselt's bamboo shark

Mbartoloni7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
LI, New York
At 9:30AM this morning I received my shark in the mail. He appears to be in to be in good health. I am gonna very slowly drip him based on the low success rate of the species. I hope to be posting updates of him soon

Mbartoloni7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
LI, New York
Thank You, I might be regretting acclimating him right into the 180 gallon though. It's gonna be tougher to target feed and he can get lost in there.

Mbartoloni7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
LI, New York
Thanks for the best wishes, I am actually impressed with how well he is taking to the tank. I have been attempting to feed him twice a day just to get some size on him. I have experience with slightly larger sharks such as other bamboos and coral cat sharks, but I would love some suggestions on what to feed to such a small mouth. Obviously, he is not taking down silversides, yet. I have been trying mysis shrimp, thinking of trying something bigger like krill tonight. Any suggestions?

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
PE Mysis, small krill (Euphasia pacifica), chopped silversides or squid tenticles are your best bet. Ghost shrimp might work as well. I had limited luck with them feeding on live food like that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store