Need help identifying this filter

bigphil001

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2013
Lake in The Hills IL
So I'm purchasing a 360 gallon aquarium. On the back wall of the aquarium it has what I thought was overflows instead it is an in tank filter system. It has sponge media and bio balls, two separate overflows and a return pump.

Can someone help me with the brand of this, and give me some guidance as to use and care of it?

Also is it enough of a filter to handle the 360 gallon tank? Or should I just trash it and install normal overflows and do a separate wet/dry?

thanks!

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Probably the made by the tank manufacturer.

bigphil001

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2013
Lake in The Hills IL
There is two of them and they are connected to eachother but even then I was thinking they were too small. The aquarium builder was "Dutch Aquarium Systems" I contacted them asking them for information about the filter but I haven't heard anything back yet.

I was hoping someone on the forum would have a similar filter.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
Its hard to judge from the angle of the pic, but they look pretty big. Of course, it's space you could claim back if you went external.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ska_kid

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2012
Mars
Its hard to judge from the angle of the pic, but they look pretty big. Of course, it's space you could claim back if you went external.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
+1

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bigphil001

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2013
Lake in The Hills IL
I didn't actually measure the dimensions of them but I think they are about:
3 feet in length, 6-8 inches in width and the full height of the tank. There are two of them and they are interconnected.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
What fish are you going to be keeping that will better help us determine if the filtration is going to be adequate

Sent from Note 2 mini computer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store