Badis badis and Peacock Gudgeons...

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
Not really sure what families these are in, so wasn't sure where to place this...
Might have found a combo I like for my new 40 breeder I discussed in another thread, but finding info on the Badis badis and Peacock Gudgeon seems difficult, mainly in regards to invertabrate tankmates.

I'm considering maybe 3 each badis badis and peacock gudgeons, and some celestial pearl and leopard danios.

Will the Badis and Gudgeons co-exist with shrimp? I've read cory cats with gudgeons are not a good mix due to competition for food, but none of the info I've found discusses invertabrates...

Anyone have any info?

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
Excellent! Some good news, lol.
I'm trying to do something different with this tank than my other two, and trying to find semi-oddball fish that not everyone has, while still being able to keep my original goal of ornamental shrimp also...

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Excellent! Some good news, lol.
I'm trying to do something different with this tank than my other two, and trying to find semi-oddball fish that not everyone has, while still being able to keep my original goal of ornamental shrimp also...

Badis should be fine, peacocks too unless the shrimp are very small. Peacock gudgeons are very predatory mine would gulp down live brine until they had big swollen stomachs.and would nip at small ghost shrimp.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
[video=youtube;K4qvOwl_0-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4qvOwl_0-8[/video] PEACOCK WAS THE LIL GUY TOWARDS THE END.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
[video=youtube;kibDXZX0z3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kibDXZX0z3E[/video] This tank has snakehead gudgeons,empire gudgeons,peacock gudgeons,pgymy sleepers and a dragon goby. All the gobies would have lil fights with their own species, Snakehead gudgeons had to be removed after they got a lil bigger. Love the mini monster gobies keep us updated.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Also if u can find them empire gudgeons are some of the best looking gobies you can find in spawning dress empire 2.pngempire.png

empire 2.png

empire.png

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
Well I think I've found a course of action to pursue, never realized there were that many gudgeon varieties...
I'm going to (what I've heard) is a great LFS up in Indianapolis tomorrow I think, might check with them to see what they can order down the line, because I've not seen any of these fish around here locally, and would prefer to avoid shipping if possible...

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Well I think I've found a course of action to pursue, never realized there were that many gudgeon varieties...
I'm going to (what I've heard) is a great LFS up in Indianapolis tomorrow I think, might check with them to see what they can order down the line, because I've not seen any of these fish around here locally, and would prefer to avoid shipping if possible...

Yea u can go lots of directions with these guys ive had mini comunity predator tanks, small-medium breeding colonies, medium predator comunitys to large monster goby tanks. Go to fishbase.org and look at the family eleotridae.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc

[video=youtube;RfegZk9TCJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfegZk9TCJU[/video] this was my breeding colony of purple spot gundeons. 3 males 2 females both female would regularly breed with all 3 males it was a nice tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store