HELPPPPP!!!!!!

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Star fish are predators (for the most part) contrary to popular belief. So this doesn't surprize me in the least. The solution is very obvious as well, get rid of the star, or let it eat your nem.

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
the anemone looks like it didn't survive well in the acclimation from looks of its irritation and being so closed in can you tell me was the anemone doing ok in the pet store? How long was it at the pet store? Also have you seen the starfish on it at all I don't really feel a starfish would eat an anemone as there is nothing really in the anemone that would appeal to the starfish most likely the starfish was crawling over it as it is mucused up and agitated.

mr.reef24

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
the anemone looks like it didn't survive well in the acclimation from looks of its irritation and being so closed in can you tell me was the anemone doing ok in the pet store? How long was it at the pet store? Also have you seen the starfish on it at all I don't really feel a starfish would eat an anemone as there is nothing really in the anemone that would appeal to the starfish most likely the starfish was crawling over it as it is mucused up and agitated.

mr.reef24
The anemone is still alive. It was opened up in the store I checked to see if the mouth was closed and any tears on the foot and it was all good. I moved the star to a sump in my other tank for the mean while

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Also have you seen the starfish on it at all I don't really feel a starfish would eat an anemone as there is nothing really in the anemone that would appeal to the starfish most likely the starfish was crawling over it as it is mucused up and agitated.

mr.reef24
There are many Stars that will eat Nems, Leather stars (Dermasterias imbricate) being a specific one. I have seen evidence of Chocolate stars eating them as well. Not sure which star this one is Red Knob? But if it is a Red Knob it is a very close relative to chocolate and could very well have been eating it.

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
There are many Stars that will eat Nems, Leather stars (Dermasterias imbricate) being a specific one. I have seen evidence of Chocolate stars eating them as well. Not sure which star this one is Red Knob? But if it is a Red Knob it is a very close relative to chocolate and could very well have been eating it.
starfish are funny inverts in what they will eat and consume alot of people have observed them on octocorals but I don't recall much research or information of them consuming an anemone in the wild or captivity but I'm sure there are times that it has taken a bite from a sick one so I really can't say that a starfish is the reason but in my some 20 plus years experience I never have had any species of coral harm and anemone.

The anemone is still alive. It was opened up in the store I checked to see if the mouth was closed and any tears on the foot and it was all good. I moved the star to a sump in my other tank for the mean while

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
what is the tank parameters? there good bit of flow how long with the anemone in the store upon arrival before you purchased it?

mr.reef24

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store