Mbuna

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
You can start with a few and keep adding. You can put them in all at once (though not sure how well your tank would adjust to a sudden change to a larger bioload). Its all about equalibirium with them, so at one point or another - you may lose a few or they may beat the crap out of eachother. You may hit the sweet spot and they might be fine. Depends on the fish, the hiding spots they have and what mix of species you have.

Its better to come up with a list of what you want and post it and then people can tell you their experiences and what are and are not good mixes.

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
Always the safer approach to add cichlids (Mbuna/Peacocks/Haps) in groups. Demasoni ---- a bit trickier in my experience, but definitely add in groups.

If aggression is elevated to a point a fish or 2 are being singled out, re-arrange the rocks. I actually take most of it out to eliminate any established territories and placed them back after a few hours or even after a day.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I've found that if you rearrange the decor right before adding new fish it cuts down on the aggression towards the new stock. The reasoning behind this is that you've eliminated all of the established territories and everyone is more or less on an even ground instead of invading someone elses turf.

drewbiezy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
DFW
I've found that if you rearrange the decor right before adding new fish it cuts down on the aggression towards the new stock. The reasoning behind this is that you've eliminated all of the established territories and everyone is more or less on an even ground instead of invading someone elses turf.
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store