how many of these filters would you use on 110 gal?

solchitlins

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2008
Milford, MI 48381
I have a new AC110
2 used eheim 2229's these eheim's are rated for 280 gph but it does this weird wet dry fill empty cycle
And a fluval 406

I was planning on selling the fluval 406 but I might want to use it to hook my Hydor 300 watt inline heater to. I'm not sure the eheims would work for it with their eb and flow cycles.

This is going on a 4'x2' planted tank.
Just a planted community, no co2
The plan was to load up the fluval with bio media, and double load the ac110 with sponges, so bio in one, mech in the other. I love how easy it is to get into the ac10 and add things as needed. So much easier than getting into a canister etc...

But then the eheim deal popped up and I couldn't resist getting them for a steal, they are both loaded to the max with what appears to be new eheim pro media.

So now I have tons of bio filtration with those alone.

Maybe I should sell the fluval and return the hydor heater or return the ac110 too.
I'm just concerned I'll have way too much bio filtration and not enough mech filtration.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
I don't know anything about that particular Eheim BUT the other 2 are solid filters and probably enough by themselves

Castlk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2013
Long Island, New York
I would go with the AC110 and the Fluval 406. I have this setup on both of my 90 gallon tanks and they work great together, the fish are healthy and the tanks are crystal clear.:thumbsup:

solchitlins

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2008
Milford, MI 48381
I have never been a fan of these fluval canisters. I prefer canisters to be straight bio and fluvals aren't really set up that way, at least the smaller ones

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store