Gill curl cured

lookyloo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
moving
This is the 3rd time this has happened and it has always been on the right side. The water has been changed daily since it has first noticed. Equal amounts of salt with each water change. I try to get the arowana to breath heavily by having it chase its food around. It has been about a week and a half. It is just about back to normal.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
How long is the fish, how wide is the tank? Salt won't do anything for gill curl. 3rd time in how long?

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Forget the salt. How big is the tank? What are the water parameters? What is it filtered with?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I reread his post. He didn't ask for advice. He was just telling us how he "cured" it. Yet again. :confused:

Nithin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
India
I have a question,Now an arowana moved into a tank with bad water parameters cant get Gill curl in 2 days right?

lookyloo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
moving
I just wanted to post this as there is a sticky I believe a member wrote about curing gill curl and what is written is very similar to what I do when it does happen.
I know it mainly happens when the water quality is neglected. Catching it at the begining will not required any surgery just patiences. It finally when back to normal after nearly 8 weeks of continueous water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store