MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
To start a ten gallon saltwater aquarium, you will need

- Salt
- Live rock
- Live Sand
- Adequate Filtration

Damselfish are aggressive fish, but they are very hardy, and are often used by beginners.

Macenzi

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2013
Statesboro
How many pounds of live rock? I can't wait to get started! So just one clown one damsel good after everything cycled ? I don't want to go crazy just 1 or 2 fish and get used to salt then turn one of my bigger tanks into salt

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The damsel will probably kill the clownfish.Just stick with a few damsels.There are quite a few different species to choose from....if your sources can get them.

Hoyo12

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
WI
fishsanctuary.webs.com
One of my favorite species in the most simplistic setup. (The divider has been removed since this photo, gave the two time to adjust before they paired up ;) )
If you're going to do a saltwater tank...why not make it exciting? Damsels are old news, and will outgrow the tank depending on the species. They're usually aggressive with little options after being added to a tank. There are plenty of other species that are small enough for a 10-Gallon, and wont cause any major issues in the long run.
-HOB
-Small in-tank filter/Powerhead (For water movement)
-Fair amount of liverock (The more the merrier)
-Time to cycle the tank
-Interesting fish
Can you do more or less? Sure, but I just described this one setup as shown. None of my setups are exactly alike, which shows that there are always plenty of other options.

Tiger Watchman.JPG

Tiger 2.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store