I own a yellow arowana. Or should I say green?

Eddie_87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Malaysia
Hi experts

As the topic suggests, I got this 4" beauty from an LFS and he claims that its a yellow arowana.

Did some search over the net and I couldn't find anything concrete explaining about this particular breed. Some suggests that this breed is actually a green arowana, but a bit yellowish in colour.

I observed more, and I saw 3 layers of pearlis on my yellow arowana (two fully formed layers). And there are a few golden patches on the head part, not that its fully golden, but its definitely noticeable. So, I guess its a good grade?

Hoping that someone can shed some lights on this.

Eddie_87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Malaysia
Hi Lunglover

I am currently at office. Once I got home, I'll try my best to take a good pic of my arowana (its a very active fish) and post it here.

And by any chance, do you have info/links/reference to "yellow arowana"..?

Appreciate the help!

sharizan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2013
Malaysia, sarawak
Cant tell if no pic..there is yellow tail arowana as it grow out had this yellow color tail..green dont have this..at your size, u should notice slightly yellowish on the tail,..

Lunglover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2013
Nor Cal
Hi Lunglover

I am currently at office. Once I got home, I'll try my best to take a good pic of my arowana (its a very active fish) and post it here.

And by any chance, do you have info/links/reference to "yellow arowana"..?

Appreciate the help!
With a picture I'd be much more help, sorry. I'm sure other on the forum can help though.

Eddie_87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2013
Malaysia
Hi guys

Much appreciated for the kind replies.

I will upload the pic this evening, and hopefully, we can identify this particular breed. many many thanks!

Sharizan: Hmmm... The body is very yellowish, but the tail remained pale silver...
BuffaloPolypteridae: Exactly, getting a bit frustrated actually.. haha..

sharizan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2013
Malaysia, sarawak
Hi guys

Much appreciated for the kind replies.

I will upload the pic this evening, and hopefully, we can identify this particular breed. many many thanks!

Sharizan: Hmmm... The body is very yellowish, but the tail remained pale silver...
Are u sure its not the way around..this i must see..it usually yellowish on tail and silver on body..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store