Who's your Aquarium Hero!

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
hey guys just wanna start a thread here talking about who's you favorite aquarist or someone who invented something that helped the aquarium hobby! Have there name, why you like them and a pic of there work!

Ill start us off with mine

Takashi Amano would be my favorite cause he has AMAZING planted set ups and i could only dream of setting up things that good!

some of his work

Now who is yours?! :mwave::mwave:

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Mr. Davis. He was a 92 year old canadian employee at my LFS in Maryland called "the aquarium depot". The store closed down about a month or 2 ago and am afraid he may have either passed away or i will never see him again... He invited me to his house from the fish store and gave me my first "big tank". Never forget that man. He had a whole fish room setup.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
Mr. Davis. He was a 92 year old canadian employee at my LFS in Maryland called "the aquarium depot". The store closed down about a month or 2 ago and am afraid he may have either passed away or i will never see him again... He invited me to his house from the fish store and gave me my first "big tank". Never forget that man. He had a whole fish room setup.

thats really cool! love the youtube vids!

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
Uarujoey on YouTube. This guy has knowledge even I can't surpass haha no, I'm dumb but not that dumb. But yea for those who don't know him uarujoey. His videos helped me make my DIY overflow and wet/dry filter.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Uarujoey on YouTube. This guy has knowledge even I can't surpass haha no, I'm dumb but not that dumb. But yea for those who don't know him uarujoey. His videos helped me make my DIY overflow and wet/dry filter.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
The most subscribed fish youtuber... He is amazing... He owns more tanks then my LFS LOL!

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I totally forgot the name, but I talked in length with the guy who ran the amazon and Australian exhibits in the Baltimore National aquarium, I may have actually convinced him to get some bichirs in one of the African tanks haha. He was awesome though, oversaw all the tanks in both exhibits, kept them clean and even had to go swimming in them a couple times haha

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
In 1976 begged a middle aged man named Joe Cordaro to let me work in his pet department I finally convinced him, so he paid me under the table because I was under aged. If it was'nt for Mr. Cordaro probably would have gave up on the tropical fish hobby.;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store