Angler tank

Bigolfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2012
Oak harbor,wa
I have a 65 gal and plan on upgrading later. I have an angler fish, lion fish, an moray eel, and a clown trigger. They have all done great together but I want a spiny box puffer and had the LFS get one for me. It came in and it's huge like 5" and my angler is only about the size of a half dollar. Is this a no go?? Should I try and get one smaller?

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
anglers are more species only tank I don't wanna say but don't want you to loose the investment the angler will be eaten soon by the tankmates

mr.reef24

Hoyo12

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
WI
fishsanctuary.webs.com
Very interesting, don't really know how it will all workout. Of course the Angler will eat anything it can fit into it's mouth, even the same length as its body (I learned this the hard way) but I have seen them be kept with Lions and Clown Triggers in the past without problems. Personally I wouldn't try the Box Puffer, being as curious as they are, which can lead to a test bite to see whether or not the Angler is food. Not sure about the Eel either in the long run - what species?
Can't say whether it will work entirely in the long run, but I can say that I've seen similar ideas before.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store