Dumb water changers...

Bobears

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2007
Hoovering south of the ham
Has anyone bought one these stupid Aqueon water changers. Python was awesome. Everyone seems to be changing to these guys. Foster and Smith, Pet Smart, everyone, what happened! Mine broke very quickly and the tubing kinks very quickly. The Python I still have has been going for 5 years and the Aqueon for 6 moths.

Just want some opinions to gauge if I'm the only one who thinks this.

Sorry for the grammar and structure. I love beer.:naughty::naughty:

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
I've had my Aqueon for 2 years and I don't have any troubles. I did replace the sink adaptor with a metal one, but other than that it's worked fantastic.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Im using a Lee brand one, and I bought a metal adapter for mine also. It's not bad....refilling is slow but it's better than carrying buckets.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I just bought the aqueon faucet adaptor/siphon portion and added my own tubing and connected it to an old gravel vac. The aqueon part does seem to be cheaper plastic and I would like to replace it with a heavier duty one.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I'm not a fan of any type of gravity fed water changer. I DIY'd a T into my FX5 outlet and drain the tank and add new water through it.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
I've been using the 25' aqueon for a little over 2 years now with all of its factory parts, minus the clear intake tube which I replaced day 1 with a longer (aqueon) one.

I had originally planned to order the python brand but it was unavailable at the time, not to mention 2x the price.

I'll probably eventually replace my aqueon (hopefully a few years from now) but I've found that if you wind/loop and drain then store it in a 5 gallon bucket it holds up pretty well.

I will admit the the plastic in the faucet adapter is a little flimsy; mine even has a crack in it but it doesn't leak and hasn't seemed to affect the performance (cracked about a year ago).

Goranothos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2013
Tennessee
I've always used the Python brand with no complaints. If I had to carry buckets I would find another hobby. I change 50% of the water in my 150gal every week. In fact, I'm doing it right now while I'm typing this and drinking coffee.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I've had my aqueon for a year the only problem I had was the adaptor cracking cause my son threw it on the floor. Still works great. In my area pythons are discontinued every Lfs around here doesn't even sell parts.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store