Want to trade FATF for TATF; Central MO; in person preferred, shipping maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Hey guys. I've been doing a lot of thinking and I've decided to go in a slightly different direction with my tigerfish collection. The main reason that I'm thinking that I want to change directions is because I've decided that I want to focus on the 'big three', goliath, tanzaniae and brevis. My thinking on this is that vittatus is essentially tanzaniae lite and forskahlii is basically brevis lite. I feel that I can have a fair representation of all the forms of ATF with just these three fish.

The FATF in question is the most personable ATF that I've ever had the joy of keeping. He is incredibly situationaly aware and will beg for food. He is a fanatically aggressive feeder. He is currently on floating freeze dried krill. He'll hit pellets but he spits them back out. It would be easy to transition him over, but I haven't seen a reason to do so yet. This little FATF is extremely shiney and has a slightly golden hue to him. He's got vivid black stripes with dark grey fins on his back and orangish-yellow fins on his bottom. His tail is starting to show what will likely become some very nice hooks.

The main con to this guy is the secondary reason I've decided to trade him for a tanzaniae: he doesn't do well with other tigers. He effectively keeps my brevis, who is noticably larger than him, pinned up in one corner of the main tank. He even tried his luck with Max, but Max is over twice his length and probably ten times his mass and was able to just shrug him off. He does fine with the other fish in the tank though: tarpons, barbs, sharks, and an arowana and catfish.

I want to trade this guy for a tanzaniae. I'm not really interested in selling him unless someone else has a TATF that they're willing to sell to me and we already have it all lined up. I really don't want to ship, but I realize it will probably be a necessity. Since I am after a trade, I am not going to list a price. I would like the TATF to be similar is size to the FATF, 5-6" or so.

Pics-

20130922_fatf (3).jpg

20130922_fatf (2).jpg

20130922_fatf (1).jpg

20130808fatfb.jpg

20130808fatfa.jpg

20130922_fatf (3).jpg

20130922_fatf (2).jpg

20130922_fatf (1).jpg

20130808fatfb.jpg

20130808fatfa.jpg

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Bump. I suppose that I'm probably asking a lot to find someone who wants to trade. Considering how hard this fish was to get off of live, I'd be willing to accept $150 plus actual shipping costs. I have access to a professional shipper, but you would assume all risk for shipping if you choose to go that route.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
You mean there aren't bunches of these guys available in the Ozarks? That just SHOCKS me, Rob. Shocks me. Good luck man.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Lol.... I know. I think about that ecery time I see your name. In the middle o moving now.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Lol.... I know. I think about that ecery time I see your name. In the middle o moving now.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
No worries, I traded out the jur for a clown knife so the last loach isn't likely to get eaten. Let me know when you're ready and we'll work something out. The loach is eating massivore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store