Tile bottoms

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
I want to see everyone's tiled bottom tanks! Thanks! Thinking about doing it myself

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Yeah I've seen tile as well as sand but I am thinking of buying a tank with 18" H and thinking of no substrate so there is more room in the tank

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
I want tile but don't know what kind to get, all the kinds I find have sticky stuff on the bottom.

Sent from mobile app.

MikeGuerra

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2013
rockaway park ny
im am looking to get a 180 if anybody has one they want to get rid of but thats another subject just wonndering about the tile myself do you grout it with special grout type just put the tile together tightly?

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
im am looking to get a 180 if anybody has one they want to get rid of but thats another subject just wonndering about the tile myself do you grout it with special grout type just put the tile together tightly?
I'd put the tile and try to silicone it haha ↖(^ω^)↗

Sent from mobile app.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
You just need to cut it to fit then lay it on carefully without scratching your tank or breaking it. You really don't want to glue it unless you don't plant on removing it. Grout is not safe for aquarium.

MikeGuerra

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2013
rockaway park ny
You just need to cut it to fit then lay it on carefully without scratching your tank or breaking it. You really don't want to glue it unless you don't plant on removing it. Grout is not safe for aquarium.

yea thats what i figured just didnt know if they have special grout like silicone i was just thinking that cause it will get really dirty after a while in the crack...i gues if you do a neat job you can use aquarium silicone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store