crazy jumping outa controll yeah you get it HELP

thecrackenegg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2013
hamburg NY
hello i have a silver arowana thats super skidish as soon as i get near the tank he freaks out jumps and all that crazy stuff iv had him for about 5 mounths and hes about a foot and a half. he will take food in the presents of me some times but not always i dont get it any help?

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
You need to give us some details regarding tank size, water parameters, human traffic within the tank's view, and ofcourse, where the tank is placed... If it's a juvenile instinctively it would really be skittish.

Magic Water

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2013
Water
Tank size? Tank mates? Water parameters in check?
Some times when the Aro's tank is placed in an area where there in no movement outside the tank, they get spooked at the slightest movement. If that is the case, you need to get it used to movement near the tank.

I once had a silver, that would freak when I wore either red or orange :confused:. But otherwise he was really calm.

thecrackenegg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2013
hamburg NY
You need to give us some details regarding tank size, water parameters, human traffic within the tank's view, and ofcourse, where the tank is placed... If it's a juvenile instinctively it would really be skittish.
Its a 55 long 4 silver dollors a skidish spotted rifial a pleco and 2 mini albino cats that im surpized are sill liven thats it he can turn around just fine and hes got plenty of room to swim water changes used to be weekly untill he started to jump out when i slowly poored out water from the bucket im so confiezed on why hes skidish oh and the tank is in the basement but i do go down there quiet ofter to work on my truck parts my dirt bike motor and just to wach them my water is alays 80-81 *f and filter changed monthly im sooo confuized even my granpa is confuized hes been a fish keeper for a long time and has never had it this bad HELP

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
An 18" silver in a 55g is going to be skittish regardless of what you do. Put it in an appropriately sized tank and it will most likely settle down.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Man i was hoping for more around 8 inch haha 18 is WAY too ig for that. If i was growing one out i wouldnt keep it in there past 8-10 inches, and thats absolute longest time too... gonna need a bigger tank or to sell it if you want it to stop

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

supergourami

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
ontario
bro my 18 inch silver is getting to big for my 180 gallon. get a appropriately sized tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store