Marineland C530 Worst Filters I Have Ever Owned!

loud1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
Atlanta Ga
I bought a used 180 that came with 2 of the C530's one was used and one was brand new. I ended up using them on 2 separate tanks. The first one failed at the motorhead where the plastic is put together and flooded my sitting room. I dismissed that one since it was the used one and had a loud motor.

The second one has been running with no problems for about nine months. I went go clean it and put it all back together now the motor is ceased and not working. So i thought maybe I did not prime it enough. Press the primer button down a few more times and guess what? Water leaking out of the motorhead. Yes the same place the used one did 7 months ago. Total Junk. Do not buy these filters no matter what sale there is. I regret it and I didnt buy mine. I will be buying more Fluval ones to match the other ones I have at my house.

Hopefully this helps someone not make a mistake in buying these or a coming in to a flooded destroyed house.
Ok I'm done venting.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
I think I heard something about a recall of that filter for that issue,,,,call marineland

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store