Weight of tank on floor?

nstefan2597

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2013
New Hampshire
Hey everyone. Ive been wondering about weight on my floor. I live in an old house.. the only space in the house I have for tanks is on the 2nd floor in a bedroom. I have a 90 gallon and a 29 gallon side by side on the inside wall of the room. The other wall is an outside wall. The house doesnt seem to sturdy. I want to do a bigger tank but kind of scared too. Is the outside wall safer or the inside wall? And ive never actually heard of a tank going through the floor. Has anyone seen or heard of it happening? What do you guys think? Should I not bother with a bigger tank? Any info or advice is greatly appreciated thanks guys!

Sent from my SCH-R830 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Hey everyone. Ive been wondering about weight on my floor. I live in an old house.. the only space in the house I have for tanks is on the 2nd floor in a bedroom. I have a 90 gallon and a 29 gallon side by side on the inside wall of the room. The other wall is an outside wall. The house doesnt seem to sturdy. I want to do a bigger tank but kind of scared too. Is the outside wall safer or the inside wall? And ive never actually heard of a tank going through the floor. Has anyone seen or heard of it happening? What do you guys think? Should I not bother with a bigger tank? Any info or advice is greatly appreciated thanks guys!

I heard of 1200 gallon shark tank fall through an office building.

evox53187

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2013
il
Yea I wouldn't do it. A 125 gallon tank weight 1600 plus. I wouldn't want to put that on a second floor. .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Yea I wouldn't do it. A 125 gallon tank weight 1600 plus. I wouldn't want to put that on a second floor. .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I think it could work. depends on supports tho

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
How could I support it so that it could work?

I would ask some kind of engineer or architect, u could ask ur council for a blueprint of the house.

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Put it on the first floor and support the floor with adjustable Lally columns in the basement. Then you could do a big tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store