Fish "TRICKS" Official Thread!

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I am always fascinated by the fact that you can train fish to preform tricks! Usually, you see large interactive fish such as oscars going through a hoop, jumping for food etc. But I think that we can be WAY more creative... I recently saw a few things... 1.) a guy on youtube that had an oscar trained to pull a string to get food. 2.) a MFK member (forget who...) who shot nerf gun darts at his peacock bass to get their attention. These inspired me to make this big thread! Here is what it is about. You guys (and me) are going to think of cool unique tricks and post your ideas... And PLEASE feel free to post pics, vids etc. Of your fish doing the tricks... Then all of us can test out the tricks and have fun! I also am creating a new "VIDEO SERIES" called, "Pet Fish Tricks". The first episode is "Jumping Bettas" and is already out...

ANYWAYS, remember, be creative and make sure to share all your cool trick photos, videos, experiences, and ideas

Lets bring attention to the "tricky" side of the community :)

EPISODE LIST:

Ep. 1 Betta Jumping

http://youtu.be/G-rFeXVy2Yo

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Primitive Jaws

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
New Jersey, US
This sounds really awesome i've actually been working with my bowfin to * wait and stay * before i open my hand or switch hands to give him food, its a slowing starting to work belive it or not. I'll keep you posted.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
This sounds really awesome i've actually been working with my bowfin to * wait and stay * before i open my hand or switch hands to give him food, its a slowing starting to work belive it or not. I'll keep you posted.
Wow! That is quite amazing! I had never really thought of bowfins as interactive... Make sure to keep us posted:)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
I taught my goldfish to play dead, however it doesn't wanna stop...

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
I "taught" a comet goldfish in 10 seconds to avoid a fish trap after he watched his buddy get caught in it after it was in the tank for less than a minute. I had that same trap left in the tank in all sorts of spots for over 2 weeks but this goldfish avoided it.

I ended up having to hook the little bastard to get him out.

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
i've been training a guppy in schutzhund, he's got a strong bite!

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I kind of have a similar thing going w/ my red hi fin wolf, very similar fish (other then the adult sizes haha) on terms of activity, diet, etc. I'll hold a full nightcrawler, which he knows its coming when I get the can out. This is the routine;

Hold it near the surface, now he used to slam into the glass, but now w/ the use of 2 slices of worm in the beginning I get him to come directly to the feeding spot, then I literally play tug of war with him. Its kind of scary, but he doesn't come out of the water, the most he will is just his mouth. Done it about 15-20 times successfully so far. He waits right in the same spot for the tip of the worm to break surface every time now. Gotta get a video up soon.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store