5 Gallon tank

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
Guys, I have currrently a 5 gallon tank that holds some shrimp in it. Should I get bored with it one day, what do you guys recommend I Keep in this thing? It's actually a 4.5 gallon tank to be honest. Are there any shellies that I might be able to keep in it?

adixon816

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2012
Piscataway, NJ
I wouldn't keep shellies in it multi's get to big and occelatus need more room. You could do Mexican dwarf crayfish, few different rasbora types are options, darios, or as mentioned above some badis species can work to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquaman_95

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
I'd like to see what it looks like. You could always make it a beautiful planted nano tank with a few colourful shrimp, as well as a few white cloud minnows.

Texchappy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
Lubbock, Tx
Went back over to www.shelldwellers.com and confirmed that Lamprologus brevis (excuse the autocorrect earlier) will indeed work and breed in a 5 gallon aquarium. Shellies are interesting little guys - only problem I've had with them is they breed readily (a bit too much for me as a disabled person to collect and get out often).

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
If you're bored of shrimp and want to do fish I also recommend the scarlet badis, endlers, pygmy corys.

As for inverts, I'm about to order some thai micro spider crabs for my 2.5g

And I almost pulled the trigger on some triops recently... (pic: http://mytriops.com/triopsfront.jpg)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store