Jarini Arowana filtration help

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
Hey guys, recently bought a new tank (upgraded) and looking at buying a Jardini soon, my tank is 5ft x 3ft x 1.5ft 160 gallons (630liters), Just curious on how much filtration i should be running? should i just get a standard canister that filters my liters? or do i double it, or just over my current liters? It will be just a single Jardini no more fish at all.

Also sorry if i have posted this in the wrong area, New to these forums.

Thanks in advanced guys!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
hi there , id say canister to cope with current liters , plus a powerhead for extra flow
Jardini love current to swim against , mines currently in a 180 with an fx6 and a large fluval powerhead at other end for flow

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
So i assume the power head attaches onto the canister at the end? Or is it another filter in its self? I tried google didn't really help to much, And i was looking at buying one of those fx6's don't think its needed? i might just buy a filter that filters like 800 liters or so.

EDIT: Ok so after researching some canisters, buying the FX6 will be my best buy, Couldn't find any for my current liters, but yea some more info on them power heads would be awesome i want to spoil this guy :D

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Imo fx6 are worth the money , ive also got fx5 on another tank both brilliant filters if you can pick either up , the only filter id have over them is the ehiem pro of equivalent size but they are pricey , you could use a decent sized internal filter as a powerhead like the fluval 4 internal prob pick one up quite cheep off e bay
Good luck with your jar look forward to updates , hope this info has helped :)

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
Don't worry the day i buy him ill post a thread, One more question for air rating the tank i don't really have the height to have the tubes out of the water to make splashes on top to help, Would a 5 foot air stone be suffice for air rating the tank?

Thanks for your help thus far!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've got no air pump with the FX at one end breaking water surface and powerhead at other doing the same there's plenty of oxygen, best to drop water level slightly so FX outlet is creating lots of bubbles , you can angle the nozzles ive got one pointing slightly down into tank the other pointing up ( hope this makes sense :D )

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
If i was to submerge them underwater and run a air stone do you think that would be fine?

Sorry for the continues questions just making sure i know as much as possible before i do anything.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Don't worry about the questions ive asked them all myself in past :D
Its a bit Ott on the bid it doesn't have to be as low level as that just level with top of nozzel will be fine less noise that way , if it was my tank on vid id have right one facing down like it is (stirring bottom up ) and the left pushed up slightly , with water level raised to that
Air stones make a fair bit of noise prob just as loud

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
Yea that makes sense, So pretty much the right one is submerged but the left one isn't really making noise but more breaking the water apart making oxygen i am with you now i think! i think instead of another filter on the left i might just run a circle air stone, I don't know i just have always liked the bubbles they produced, Seeing as your tank is close to mine in gallons, How often do you water change? and how much? and when do you clean the FX6?

Thanks again for your responses you're being might helpful!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store