monster sized aquarium from the show "Tanked" in Simi Valley- link to site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysocal

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2010
southern California
below is a link to the ad. I HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP TO THE SELLER - SO PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO ME, I just find these used 'Tanked" aquariums interesting as it gives you an idea of the original cost of these things. I thought this one was silly to distort the main viewing plane of acrylic (concave so fish would look smaller too)and build a ramp allowing you to skateboard across it but that is what the buyer wanted. Saw the other link to the beer keg tank on this board listed as another so I think this one is the 3rd ''Tanked' tank as this was listed on craiglist 10-1. buy it used and save yourself thousands in dollars and poorly scripted bad jokes

I spoke to a storeowner that was on the show and he still has one of their tanks and he said those two jokers did not fix anything on his tank. They installed it and left. Problems were; overflow slits were too big and fish were falling into the overflow and the fake coral piece was pushed up against the back of tank and not secured so fish got behind it and got stuck. He had to have his LFS help remedy these initial defects.

At least this company was able to write it off on taxes, the beer keg tank was a wedding gift from wife to husband - if my wife spent probably well over $5k for a 90 gallon aquarium I'd probably call off the wedding!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/for/4103884126.html

jhc7685

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2013
SoCal
The skateboard tank was listed for $2,000 weeks ago and the location was in Irvine, CA.

I'm guessing this seller bought it and is trying to flip for a profit.

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
That skateboard tank is pretty sick and looks like 700 to 800 hundred gallons. I must of missed it posted for 2,000, I would of been on that for sure! Thanks for posting this so much I love this stuff!

Robg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2011
schaumburg il
below is a link to the ad. I HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP TO THE SELLER - SO PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO ME, I just find these used 'Tanked" aquariums interesting as it gives you an idea of the original cost of these things. I thought this one was silly to distort the main viewing plane of acrylic (concave so fish would look smaller too)and build a ramp allowing you to skateboard across it but that is what the buyer wanted. Saw the other link to the beer keg tank on this board listed as another so I think this one is the 3rd ''Tanked' tank as this was listed on craiglist 10-1. buy it used and save yourself thousands in dollars and poorly scripted bad jokes

I spoke to a storeowner that was on the show and he still has one of their tanks and he said those two jokers did not fix anything on his tank. They installed it and left. Problems were; overflow slits were too big and fish were falling into the overflow and the fake coral piece was pushed up against the back of tank and not secured so fish got behind it and got stuck. He had to have his LFS help remedy these initial defects.

At least this company was able to write it off on taxes, the beer keg tank was a wedding gift from wife to husband - if my wife spent probably well over $5k for a 90 gallon aquarium I'd probably call off the wedding!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/for/4103884126.html
Well you are right
These guys build the tank at weldbend company in downtown Chicago and that tank crashed 3 weeks later loosing over 10,000 in fishes.. I spoke to the company that had to drain the tank and start all over.. The filtration was under built... And those guys never came back and help them out... And just the tank was over 100,000k.. I was doing business with those guys they don't know anything about setting a tank up with fish it's all for show...
The guys from fish tank kings are a lot better and serious about there work and care a lot more for there fish...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

altumz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
earf
so those guys over at ATM "tanked" charged the original owner 100k for that tank? and on top of that never came back to fix the problem? what great customer service.

Robg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2011
schaumburg il
so those guys over at ATM "tanked" charged the original owner 100k for that tank? and on top of that never came back to fix the problem? what great customer service.
I heard a lot more stories too
With other tanks gum all machine the half car that they did and some other ones... Great customer service
There like we put the tank in and see yahhh...
Kinda like a car salesmen would do
That's how they are...

dreadhead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2012
covina
Well you are right
These guys build the tank at weldbend company in downtown Chicago and that tank crashed 3 weeks later loosing over 10,000 in fishes.. I spoke to the company that had to drain the tank and start all over.. The filtration was under built... And those guys never came back and help them out... And just the tank was over 100,000k.. I was doing business with those guys they don't know anything about setting a tank up with fish it's all for show...
The guys from fish tank kings are a lot better and serious about there work and care a lot more for there fish...

If I had the funds 2k I would pick it up sweet .

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store