Adding a jardini

luscombe1959

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 11, 2013
Florida
I just set up a 150g. I currently have 3 hoplo cats, one Datnoid (4inches) one pbass (5inches) and 5 bichirs all 6-7inches. My final fish is going to be a 6 inch jardini. What do you the outcome of aggressiveness will be. Because the tank is 27-28 inches tall I feel like everyone will keep to themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cleanpainter

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2013
United States
Just my opinion. Which is based on experience from my own jardini. He will kill everyone. its just a matter of time. Mine took out my pbass with enjoyment in his eyes. Loaches are the only thing to survive due to being to spikey to eat. Ive seen others tanks with jars having tankmates but they where huge tanks 500 plus.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
+1 imo you mite get lucky and end up with a birchir my jar seems to not want to eat mine and easily could , as for your other stock I dont think they'll have much chance my jardini has killed and eaten loads of tankmates over the years some a lot bigger and tuffer than ones on your list , if you love your currrent stock and want to keep either rehome in another tank or diff tank for the jar I can only see it ending one way , you may get lucky but its a bog gamble

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
The jardini will more than likely kill everyone else, Especially since it will be one of the biggest fishes in your tank. With that said, a 130 will eventually not be nearly big enough to be able to keep a peaceful tank with those fish.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
27-8" tall isn't really that "tall" in the greater scheme of things, my 16" black will happily pick up wafers off the bottom of my 70cm deep tank, I don't think an extra 6" of water will keep an angry jardini from harassing other fish. It might work for a while, but plan for an upgrade ]if it does work], and be prepared for separation if it doesn't.

linh903

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Bay Area
You won't know till you try? I had my 16" Jardini with my 6" senegal 4" convict 6" flowerhorn. Your tank does have alot of hiding spaces. However a 150gallon that is 28" take has to be like 18" wide, I am just assuming I am not sure. I'd say the tank has to be as wide as a full grown jardini (24") and 5ft in length, but its your tank man if you want a Jar try it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store