Cleaning bark from an enormous chunk of driftwood?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Is there an easier way to do so than just chipping away at it? I've got a root ball off of a tree that had a stem about 15" thick and there is a LOT of bark and its on there GOOD. I've gotten most of the easy bark off and am about ready to start fitting it into my 510. I intend to finish this thing out this weekend and I'm hoping there's a better option than just using lots of elbow grease! lol

Anyone got any suggestions?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Find someone with a high pressure washer. You can rent them at rental centers. Heck, buy a new one for under $200 or good old Craigslist. Then you can wash your car or house.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Find someone with a high pressure washer. You can rent them at rental centers. Heck, buy a new one for under $200 or good old Craigslist. Then you can wash your car or house.
x2 that's what I was thinking.

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
+1 or you could go at the car wash place, maybe just talk to the owner or the guy that handles the pressurized water machine, give him 5 bucks and I think he'll do the job for you.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
+1 or you could go at the car wash place, maybe just talk to the owner or the guy that handles the pressurized water machine, give him 5 bucks and I think he'll do the job for you.
Soap residue in the lines. I say no way.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
find someone with a sandblaster.

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Is there an easier way to do so than just chipping away at it? I've got a root ball off of a tree that had a stem about 15" thick and there is a LOT of bark and its on there GOOD. I've gotten most of the easy bark off and am about ready to start fitting it into my 510. I intend to finish this thing out this weekend and I'm hoping there's a better option than just using lots of elbow grease! lol

Anyone got any suggestions?
send it over to me and I'll do it for u. or u could ask a friend to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store