Feeding egg yolk to your fish?

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
i know it sounds crazy but, as i was cracking an egg this morning it dawned on me that i always throw the yolk away, and i know of some people who feed boiled egg yolk to their Fry and other fish like guppies, have any of you guys done this? would this be good for corydoras fry? :popcorn:

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
I've had algae sheets for my cory fry... simply put some used water on a container, leave a pad of anything aquatic sort to the container directly into the open field, it should get a lot of sunlight, put some fish food, let the algae bloom and put the pad into the fry... Much more easier, won't foul your water also.

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
I've had algae sheets for my cory fry... simply put some used water on a container, leave a pad of anything aquatic sort to the container directly into the open field, it should get a lot of sunlight, put some fish food, let the algae bloom and put the pad into the fry... Much more easier, won't foul your water also.
Wait what? Like a sponge pad? If like a piece of cloth seems interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
It's a good source of protein but, as stated, can foul your water quickly. Fed in chunks to larger fish is OK once in a blue moon but, can cause symptoms of bloat in many species. If you want to try egg products on your fish, you're better off getting prepared egg flakes or egg sticks designed for aquarium use.

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
It's a good source of protein but, as stated, can foul your water quickly. Fed in chunks to larger fish is OK once in a blue moon but, can cause symptoms of bloat in many species. If you want to try egg products on your fish, you're better off getting prepared egg flakes or egg sticks designed for aquarium use.
Alright I'll probably just do that then

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
Do you have a vid? I'm really curious about this!

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I strain hard boiled egg yolk through a cloth and feed small quantities to my convict fry it clouds the tank if it's not eaten though so don't over feed it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store