See a Tail-less Arowana in ACTION !

fishyman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
Singapore
This is my tail-less arowana in action - chasing and eating frogs.
[video=youtube;r2NaDteDPnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2NaDteDPnQ[/video]

azura

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2011
Aros World
poor aro :(

i suggest dont support farm / lfs that sells this kind of 'man made' aro ...

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
:sadface:

I agree with Azura, arowana are beautiful fish, they don't need to be butchered for this sort of gimmick.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Why on earth would you buy that fish? He has had his tail removed like some farms do with flowerhorns. I wouldn't buy anything from a vendor that sells partial animals.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

baconmeupscotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
Kansas
So how do they do this? Do they actually sever their tails? If so why in the blankity blank would you support this?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
We don't necessarily know that that's the case. If you look closely at the back side of the aro, it looks like it healed imperfectly. I think this may have been a case of the aro having it's tail bitten off when young and it just healed that way. I have to assume that if somebody did this, the wounds would have healed a bit cleaner.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
We don't necessarily know that that's the case. If you look closely at the back side of the aro, it looks like it healed imperfectly. I think this may have been a case of the aro having it's tail bitten off when young and it just healed that way. I have to assume that if somebody did this, the wounds would have healed a bit cleaner.
We don't know on this particular fish, correct. I have seen websites where they actually demonstrate how to do the procedure on Aros and Flowerhorns. For some reason there is a market for them in Asia.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store