circulation pump or power head Qs???

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
so i have read lots of post about adding a circulation pump (power head) to move water around tank.. now this leads to my Question, which brand or company makes the highest efficiency low energy consumpution pump.. i know that laguna pumps makes the best water pumps but in power head wize which brand will you conside??

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I've only used Hagen's(Aquaclear) and Koralias.

I've got 2 Hagen 802's that are 20 years old. Both my Evo Koralias quit in just over a year.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Not sure about their consumption, but the Ecotech Marine ones that work thru the glass meaning no cables in the tank are very cool, and priced accordingly. Tunze are another good brand, maybe do some googling and let us know what you find.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
I've only used Hagen's(Aquaclear) and Koralias.

I've got 2 Hagen 802's that are 20 years old. Both my Evo Koralias quit in just over a year.
well i have spoken to big als pets tech and they said that Koralias Evo pump have been redesigned and will not fail as to the previous model..

Not sure about their consumption, but the Ecotech Marine ones that work thru the glass meaning no cables in the tank are very cool, and priced accordingly. Tunze are another good brand, maybe do some googling and let us know what you find.
i have looked into that pump but $40 pump compared to a 235 is a lot of difference.. i understand with the driver outside the tank looks good but i rather spend on other products instead. also my aquarium is 1/2" thick glass.... thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store