Assorted perches growing out!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Here are some of my young fish that I am raising.

Coal grunter,yellow perch,Chinese perch.
012.JPG

Just after engulfing a minnow.
014.JPG

015.JPG

012.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

Reactions: xenacanth9

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks Kev.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NY
Dude! Lovin the collection especially the Scherzeri and I like the Coal Grunter just because you don't see them often and they've got a unique look. Can I ask when did you get the Scherzeri and was it from Wes? I'm curious because I'd like to pic one up down the road and it would help knowing around what time he or who ever had them available.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Dude! Lovin the collection especially the Scherzeri.....
Thanks man but it's actually S. kneeri and not scherzeri.I got it from Wes a few months ago and it is the closest I've been able to come to getting a chuatsi after years of searching for one....The grunter is a cool little fish that is almost constantly moving and is hard to photograph with my phone lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Dude cool collection bro! Is japonicus next? :D
No,no japonicus for me...they look too much like Niles to me and cost twice the money.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Really nice perches! I like them, they're very pretty. :)
Thanks Rob.The Chinese perch is really pretty when it has its dorsal spines up but it's hard to get a good shot.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NY
Thanks man but it's actually S. kneeri and not scherzeri.I got it from Wes a few months ago and it is the closest I've been able to come to getting a chuatsi after years of searching for one....The grunter is a cool little fish that is almost constantly moving and is hard to photograph with my phone lol.
Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I actually had thought my id was off after posting, saw that line running through the Sinerperca's eye and it reminded me interestingly enough of a Scherzeri body with some Chuatsi markings. Yeah the last time I had seen Chuatsi was 2 years ago I believe and both Jeff and Wes had them in stock. Perches are the fish I miss most from my old collection and I'm dying to get a Chuatsi, Scherzeri, Whiteheadi and probably now a Kneeri figured they'd make an awesome display along side some NTT and IT Dats. As for that Coal Grunter I'd keep an eye on him he might get aggressive on you and start messing with the others if he hasn't already. Again man nice collection keep us updated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store