Small downgrade with an impressive story of survival

drksthr

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2011
Ottawa, Ont
So I was forced to downgrade my main tank on the weekend. Moved to a new place Friday and was teetering on the idea of bringing my 180 to the new place. After deciding it was a good idea I drained the tank Sunday morning at 1045am (the time is important here) packed all the rock in bins and put newspaper over top and wet it to keep the rocks moist. Caught the puffer, eel, 2 groupers, sergeant major, neon velvet damsel and cleaner wrasse. Then scooped out all the sand, packed all equipment and drained the rest of the tank. Once drained and trying to move it and remembering how heavy it was I decided that it won't be coming with me and posted it on kijiji ASAP to get it sold. Brought all fish to the new place, set up heaters and bubblers to keep them going and searched for a new tank. I ended up picking up a 125g with stand brought it home and then went back to meet up with someone to pick up my 180. While there at around 6pm I realized I never caught my Picasso trigger. Figuring that 6 hours had passed there was no reason to rush home and find out which rock he crawled into. Guy picked up the tank and then the wife and I went out to get dinner. We got home around 8pm and I began setting up the 125g and as I'm putting the rocks in I find my Picasso trigger tail sticking out so I try to put him out but he's still moist and slippery so I put him in a bucket thinking he will slide out, still won't come out. Give it a min and them slide him out and he takes off out of my hand. I pulled the rock out and went to pick him up, he flopped around, spiraled and layed on his side. I figured he was a goner but left him there. Finished setting up the rocks, put in about 60-70g of water I could salvage, put in RODI water I prepared and mixed and just put the trigger in the tank first. He took off and hide in a crack on his side. Acclimated the other fish and finally got them in at 3am. Next morning the trigger was alive and feistier than ever!

I then had a buddy drain my 72g reef and the fish in there I transferred I to my 125g minus the anemones, clowns, shrimp, snails and crabs.

Here's how the tank looks so far.
Actually loving this tank better than the 180.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1381284057.258624.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1381284087.664825.jpg

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Looks good.

Sent from Note 2 mini computer

jstautberg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Cincinnati
Looks great! About 6 weeks ago I purchased an active 120 gallon saltwater tank. It took me about 8 hours to get the tank moved and back up and running. I used mostly tap water that was conditioned to remove chlorine and pre-mixed to match salinity. 6 decently sized fish were in a 5 gallon bucket with no extra oxygen during this time. All 6 survived are doing great. Sometimes saltwater fish are stronger than we think!

drksthr

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2011
Ottawa, Ont
Looks great! About 6 weeks ago I purchased an active 120 gallon saltwater tank. It took me about 8 hours to get the tank moved and back up and running. I used mostly tap water that was conditioned to remove chlorine and pre-mixed to match salinity. 6 decently sized fish were in a 5 gallon bucket with no extra oxygen during this time. All 6 survived are doing great. Sometimes saltwater fish are stronger than we think!
Yeah. It's crazy how tough they are.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store